How to backup iPhone messages
iPhone text-message backups made via iTunes or iCloud are notoriously difficult to locate and impossible to view unless you restore back the whole iPhone.
With CopyTrans Contacts it only takes a few clicks to save the iPhone conversations and display them on your computer. You can backup messages such as iPhone SMS, iMessage, WhatsApp, Viber and more. This tutorial demonstrates how to backup iPhone text messages in readily viewable and printable files on your PC. Click on one of the below choices:
- Backup iPhone SMS and iMessage
- Backup WhatsApp and Viber conversations
- Restore messages to new iPhone
- Print iPhone text messages
Backup WhatsApp and Viber conversations
Backing up WhatsApp, Viber, and LINE conversations from the iPhone to the PC is done in the same way as described in the steps above.
- Download CopyTrans Contacts:
- Install and run the program
- Connect the iPhone, click on the speech-bubble icon on the left and Let the iPhone messages load, then click on “WhatsApp”, “Viber” or “Line” under “Sources”. You will see a list of your WhatsApp, Viber, or LINE conversations
NOTE: You need to have the WhatsApp, Viber, or LINE apps installed on your iPhone in order to see these entries in the “Sources” pane
- Select the conversations you wish to backup and click “Export selected” and follow the final steps 5. to 8. above. The process of backing up WhatsApp, Viber, and LINE messages is the same
Restore messages to new iPhone
If you just got a new iPhone, restore the SMS messages from your old iPhone to the new device via CopyTrans Shelbee. CopyTrans Shelbee is a free utility that helps you back up and restore iPhone messages, contacts, apps, app documents, camera roll and iOS settings.
Print iPhone text messages
Printing iPhone SMS, iMessage, WhatsApp or Viber conversations is easy. For the purpose, select the iPhone messages you wish to print from the main CopyTrans Contacts window, click on the “Export selected” button. Then select any of the text message backup formats. We recommend selecting Word, Plain text, or Excel formats as they are most appropriate for printing iPhone text messages
Now, open the resulting text document containing the iPhone message and print the conversation directly from the PC.
To discover the full array of features in CopyTrans Contacts, check out the following list of online user guides:
That’s how to backup or print iPhone messages in just a few clicks.