iTunes album artwork
Are many of your iTunes songs missing artwork? Are you wondering how to easily retrieve missing iTunes album artwork? This article explains how to find and add album artwork to iTunes easily.
Basically, there are three ways to get album artwork for iTunes. Let's start with the easiest one:
A. Get missing iTunes album artwork automatically, using third-party software
B. Retrieve missing album artwork using iTunes
C. Manually search and add missing album covers in iTunes
A. Get album artwork for iTunes, using third-party software
To easily find and add missing iTunes album covers to your songs, you will soon be able to use a third-party software, which is designed to get your missing iTunes album artwork completely automatically. You want to get the full version of this app for free? Just subscribe on the following page:
Get iTunes album artwork
What about the iTunes build-in feature for finding and applying missing iTunes artwork? This feature might be far from what you would expect, as it often doesn't find all of your missing iTunes album art. On the other hand, the manual way of adding artwork using iTunes is slow and inefficient.
Did you know that iTunes doesn't add artwork to your songs, but simply stores the album artwork in a folder on your PC? Using the above mentioned software this will change and album artwork will be tagged directly in your songs.
B. Get missing iTunes artwork using iTunes
- Open your iTunes and make sure to be signed-in to the iTunes Store using your Apple-ID.
- Click CTRL+A to select all of your iTunes library tracks at once.
- Next, right-click and select "Get Album Artwork".
- Your iTunes will begin to look for missing album artwork online and saves the covers to your library.
- Unfortunately, there is a good chance that iTunes doesn't find a lot of your missing iTunes artworks. In this case, iTunes didn't find 166 out of 500 missing album covers.
C. Search manually and add missing album artwork to iTunes
- For all the artworks that iTunes couldn't find you can use the Amazon music store or the Google image search to get the right album artwork. Save the artwork image files to a location of your choice on your PC.
- Now, open your iTunes and select the song for which you would like to add the newly saved artwork image file.
- Right-click on the selected song and go to "Get Info".
- A new window will open. Go to the tab called "Artwork" and click on "Add...".
- Now look for where you saved the missing album artwork and click "Open".
- To apply the new artwork to your iTunes song, click on the "OK" button.