How to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes
You may be surprised that iTunes won’t allow you to transfer songs from iPhone back to the library on your PC unless you purchased the songs from the iTunes store. This is particularly bothersome when you are dealing with a new PC and an empty iTunes library or when the PC crashed and you are desperately trying to recover the songs and playlists from your iPhone or iPod.
Don’t worry; here’s a quick and automatic way to get music on your computer from any iPhone: iPhone 6s included. The method supports all the latest Windows versions, including Windows 10. Let’s begin.
- Let’s transfer iPhone to iTunes in six easy steps
- Copy iPhone ringtones, videos, voice memos and more to iTunes
- Transfer iPhone music to an external drive or a selected PC folder
Let’s transfer iPhone to iTunes in 4 easy steps
- First, get CopyTrans on your PC from the following page
Click here to download CopyTrans now
- Start the program and plug in the iPhone or iPod. The audio and video tracks as well as playlists are displayed in the main program window
- Click the “Smart backup” button on top. The Smart backup automatically compares the contents of the iTunes library on your PC with the library on the iPhone so if you already have songs in your iTunes library, you won’t end up with duplicated content
- Hang on until the backup completes
That’s all. When the backup completes, you have an iTunes library full with iPhone songs and playlists. Enjoy!
Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes – YouTube video tutorial
Watch this 2-minute video tutorial and recover all music and playlists from iPhone to iTunes in no time.
Copy iPhone ringtones, videos, voice memos and more to iTunes
Getting your iPhone ringtones, videos and voice memos to iTunes works in much the same way:
Transfer iPhone music to an external drive or a selected PC folder
You can alternatively use CopyTrans to copy iPhone music to a selected computer folder or to an external USB drive like a flash thumb-drive.
- Start CopyTrans and connect the iPhone or iPod. The iPhone songs are displayed in the main CopyTrans window
- From the top of the program window, choose “Manual backup”
- Select your iPhone music by clicking on “Music” under “Categories” and then checking the box on top of the song list
- Click on the “Folder” button
- Select the destination folder or a USB drive by clicking the blue pencil symbol
- Choose the folder or drive and click OK
- Stand-by for the backup to complete
That’s all; the iPhone songs are copied to the destination folder or external drive.
This is how to use CopyTrans and transfer music from iPhone to computer.